Open competition “Detailed technical design and design supervision services for main line section from Riga International airport to Misa and from Upeslejas to railway station “Rīga – Preču””, identification No RBR 2023/17
The Contracting authority is joint stock company „RB Rail AS”, legal address: Satekles iela 2B, Rīga LV-1050, Latvia, announces open competition “Detailed technical design and design supervision for main line section from Riga International airport to Misa and from Upeslejas to railway station “Rīga – Preču”” (hereinafter – Competition).
The identification number of this restricted competition is RBR 2023/17.
The applicable CPV code is: 71000000-8 (Architectural, construction, engineering and inspection services).
Open competition and subject matter is co-financed by Connecting Europe Facility (CEF).
Open competition is organised in accordance with Public Procurement Law of the Republic of Latvia.
This open competition is carried out using E-Tenders system which is subsystem of the Electronic Procurement System ( https://www.eis.gov.lv/EKEIS/Supplier).
To apply as a Tenderer for this procurement Interested supplier has to register in E-Tenders system by submitting Tenderer’s Electronic Procurement System registration documents (if the Tenderer is not registered in Electronic Procurement System) in State Regional Development Agency (please see information here: http://www.railbaltica.org/procurement/e-procurement-system/).
Subject matter of open competition
The subject-matter of the Competition is detailed technical design and design supervision services for main line section from Riga International Airport to Misa and from Upeslejas to railway station “Rīga – Preču”. Subject-matter of this Competition is not divided in parts (lots). The Tenderer may submit a Bid only for the whole subject-matter of the Competition in total.
Availability of the documents of the open competition
The Competition regulation and all its annexes are available in the E-Tenders system on the webpage https://www.eis.gov.lv/EKEIS/Supplier/Procurement/112508 and on the Contracting authority’s Internet webpage http://www.railbaltica.org/tenders/ (see section documents of the open competition below). Regulation of the open competition is available free of charge.
- Before granting access to the Annexes of the Technical Specification, the Procurement Commission requires the interested suppliers to sign and submit a Non-Disclosure Undertaking (Annex No 9 to the Regulation). This information will not be publicly available and is subject to limitation due to its nature and content;
- In order to coordinate the process of signing the Non-Disclosure Undertaking, the interested supplier must contact the contact person of the Contracting Authority referred to in Clause 2.9. of the Tender Regulations by sending an e-mail to the following e-mail address: [email protected];
- In order to sign a Non-Disclosure Undertaking, the interested Supplier must use a secure electronic signature and a valid time – seal. If the interested Supplier cannot ensure the signing of the Non-Disclosure Undertaking with a secure electronic signature and a valid time – seal, the interested supplier must inform the contact person of the Contracting Authority referred to in Clause 1.5 of the Tender Regulation;
- The Non-Disclosure Undertaking must be signed by a person representing the relevant interested Supplier with signature rights or an authorized person. In order to sign a Non-Disclosure Undertaking, the interested Supplier must provide evidence of such representation or authorization (e.g., authorization);
If the interested Supplier has not signed the Non-Disclosure Undertaking, the Commission reserves the right to refuse access to the annexes to the Technical Specification.
ACQUAINTANCE WITH THE SUBJECT-MATTER:
- The Contracting Authority invites the Suppliers to familiarise themselves with the subject-matter of the Competition and Technical Specification (hereinafter – Briefing). The Contracting Authority shall not cover any of the Tenderer’s costs in relation with the participation in the Briefing.
- The Contracting Authority shall hold the Briefing (before submission of the Bids) remotely in MS Teams Date and time of the briefing and link to MS Teams shall be announced 5 business days before the meeting by sending notification to the e-mail addresses provided by the Tenderer according to Clause 7.3. (see below) of Regulation.
- The Tenderers are invited to register for the Briefing by e-mail [email protected] until 15 February 2024. The application shall indicate the following information:
- The Supplier’s official name,
- The Supplier’s representatives’ full names, positions and contact details: e-mail address and phone number.
The maximum limit of representatives applied by the Tenderer for this briefing is 3 (three) persons.
- The Contracting Authority shall answer to the Tenderers’ questions regarding the subject-matter and the Technical Specification of the Competition during the Briefing. The Briefing shall be recorded and session minutes containing general information of the Briefing will be provided to the Tenderers within 10 (ten) business days. The questions related to the administrative process (e.g. evaluation of Bids) or requirements stipulated in the Regulation, the Draft Agreement or those, which are either too detailed or impossible to answer at the Briefing, shall be submitted and replied separately according to the rules of Clause 4.3. of the
- It is the Supplier’s sole discretion whether to participate in the Briefing or not. Non-participation of the Supplier in the Briefing shall not preclude the Supplier’s further participation in the Competition. The Contracting Authority shall not entertain any claims or requests arising out of the Supplier’s decision to participate or not to participate in the Briefing.
Submission of Bids
Bids shall be submitted electronically using the tools offered by the E-Tenders system available on https://www.eis.gov.lv/EKEIS/Supplier/Procurement/112508 by 15 March 2024 till 10:00 o’clock (Time Zone EEST (Eastern European Winter Time), Riga (Latvia)).
Only Bids submitted in the E-Tenders system will be accepted and evaluated for participation in the procurement procedure. Any Bids submitted outside the E-Tenders system will be declared as submitted in a non-compliant manner and will not participate in the procurement procedure.
Opening of Bids
The Bids will be opened in the E-Tenders system on 15 March 2024 at 14:00 o’clock (Time Zone EEST (Eastern European Winter Time), Riga (Latvia))) during the open meeting. It is possible to follow the opening of submitted Bids online in the E-Tenders system.
Contact person of the Company
Senior Procurement Specialist – Mr. Jānis Lukševics, e-mail address: [email protected].
Documents of the open competition (Downloads)
- Open competition “Detailed technical design and design supervision services for main line section from Riga International Airport to Misa and from Upeslejas to railway station “Rīga – Preču”” regulation with annexes (download).
- Answers to the questions received from the interested suppliers, 7 February 2024 (download).