RB Rail AS has announced two open competitions – “Quality Assessment Study on Usage of Local Mineral Materials for Rail Baltica Railway Project” and “Technical Study and Design Proposals for Rail Baltica Infrastructure Maintenance Facilities”.
The goal of “Quality Assessment Study on Usage of Local Mineral Materials for Rail Baltica Railway Project” is to identify and assess the suitability of locally produced aggregates and propose technically and financially feasible solutions to maximize the usage of locally used soils and aggregates for the construction of the Rail Baltica railway line. The three main tasks of the Consultant doing the study in Latvia and Lithuania will be:
- Assessing the properties of locally produced aggregates based on requirements set by Rail Baltica Design Guidelines and conducting a market survey of the laboratory services in Latvia and Lithuania.
- Calculating the necessary prepared subgrade thicknesses for each of the embankment/excavated soil quality class and propose feasible technical solutions how to improve the soils of the lowest quality classes.
- Describing feasible technical solutions for constructing subballast and prepared subgrade layers with locally produced aggregates having less favourable mechanical and physical properties.
The submission deadline of the proposals is October 23, 2018.
The objective of the tender “Technical Study and Design Proposals for Rail Baltica Infrastructure Maintenance Facilities (IMF)” is to form a basis for further actions and relevant procedures for infrastructure maintenance by offering standardized solutions for IMF across the Baltic States. The study will consist of three stages:
- Analysis of the existing studies taking into the account the management, operations, policies, preliminary designs and other aspects to define specific functional and technical requirements for IMF and construction bases and propose suitable location options according to the findings.
- Evaluation of the impact on Rail Baltica Global Project, the environment and society performing multi-criteria analysis of selected options as well as cost estimate for the offered options.
- Identification and design development for two best options along with a strategic plan including major steps and milestones for implementation that defines the facilities, equipment, rolling stock, and human resources dedicated to the maintenance of the electrified railway infrastructure.
The submission deadline of the proposals is October 31, 2018.
More information about the procurement can be found on in Tender section.
Applications shall be submitted electronically using the tools offered by the E-Tenders system: